My "Little" Man
Since Jack was a baby my best friend's little girl Sophie has always been a part of his life. They had a mock wedding at 3 and Carrie and I always joke that we can not be dueling mother-in-laws. They have the sweetest bond but it has been going for so long that it seems more like a brother/sister relationship. We know that many years and many other girlfriends/boyfriends will come before it could ever really be serious. So I get to keep 1st place in his heart.
I have cherished this position because I am very aware how short lived it is. However, I was not prepared to move out of this place so soon!But, just like every other phase of motherhood my children have dragged me out of the last phase and into the next one!
So this is how I was dragged out of this phase:
Tonight, Jack was typing on the computer and I looked over his shoulder and saw that he had typed "Ava, Ava, Ava,Ava" I said, "hey buddy why are you writing Ava's name over and over?" He sheepishly grinned at me. I sucked in deeply and said, " Is she your girl?" He said, "Mom, I just watch her all day and she never really watches me back. And then in a whisper, she is just so beautiful!" (ohh myy- BE STILL MY HEART!) "I am writing to her to tell her that I will miss her when I go to the beach." (We are going for two weeks and he has told me many times that he is not upset about missing soccer practice, soccer games or preschool.This is a BIG deal) He had written her name in the email "TO" box and then in the message section he wrote:
" Ava. I. will. miss. you. "
I am not sure what all of the periods are about but I know I do not like any of it one bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment