Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions

My body has been a source of frustration, intense dislike and embarrassment. As New Years approached and I thought about a resolution I began to pray and something hit me.( I have had an internal dialogue about myself that would bring the most confident person to their knees. I can honestly say that I could not find anything that I liked! ) So when these new thoughts began to flow I knew they were not generated by me!

This body has carried two children while God did his handwork to develop them. My body labored and delivered them both. My body has provided their complete nutrition as babies. My arms have held them as the tiniest newborn and welcomed them to this big world. With these arms I have snuggled them and comforted them. These arms have carried them everywhere. My hands have given high fives, head rubs, infant massages, caresses, discipline,and pats on the back. My legs have run races, run to their rooms in the middle of the night, and to greet them after a separation. My back has carried a sling with both boys to sleep in, ride in and to just be close. My back has also given countless piggy back rides and helped me stand firm when it that was needed. My eyes have smiled, winked, and cried tears of joy and worry. All of my soft parts have been a cozy place to snuggle up to watch movies, read books and cuddle with to get ready for bed.



So as I look forward, I feel that maybe a different perspective might help. I am always aware of my extra pounds but I think I feel so defeated before I can get started that I either think why bother or I will have to deal with that later. Maybe, being grateful for all my body has given to me and allowed me to enjoy is a better incentive to take care of it! As Jack has always said to me "Momma I love the way God made you!" So I will start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment