Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Time Part 2



Christmas morning is truly the most magical time! I have often heard that when a child is 4 Christmas is the most fun!


I am pretty sure I was close to that age when I received my own puppy and kitchen set. The pictures of me are undeniable pure joy.


However, I was a little afraid that my son may go completely the other way. On Monday, Brad and I said" This is Monday do you know what is happening on Friday?" Now we have done countdowns and advent calendars and all of our traditions and he replies with total seriousness " I go back to school?


I was panicked. Did I do something wrong? Why does he not know to the second when Christmas morning is coming?


Well, I still do not know the answers to those questions but I do know sometime between Monday and Friday he figured it out. We spent Christmas morning with Mom,Dad Allie and Addison as well as Gigi and Papa who came for the Santa gifts. Most every present he opened came with" Oh my goodness Oh my goodness this is what I have always wanted" all the while clutching it to his chest. He was very excited. Santa left him a Titans bike and football men and he has not stopped talking about what a great job that Santa did.


Even though when the pedal fell off his bike I did hear Brad tell him that "sometimes Santa's elves get into to much of a hurry with the deadline of Christmas approaching!" (He was referring to me as that was the pedal that I put on.)


The day came to a climax for me when I lay in bed beside Jack getting ready for nap time and sweetly looked at me and said"Momma, this has been the BEST Christmas ever,in the entire world of all of the Christmases ever." Then he began to shriek because there were no more words. I melted!




* I will add some more pictures as I get them. Papa and Nana both have way nicer cameras and so we deferred to them on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment