Jackson Douglas McClanahan born May 19, 2005 is seven! The math is right. I spend most day all day with the guy! I have celebrated every other birthday, but who saw THAT coming? Blow me over with a feather!
This kid is a great kid! I am so proud of him! He is kind, smart and very mature! Except for one very large part which makes him all boy and still very immature (thank goodness). He loves all bathroom humor! LOVES it! The other day, I passed by some bras in Target, both boys broke into fits of giggles as they both poked at them with one finger and turned bright red! How is this already happening. I thought this was a preteen thing. If you say "tushie or peepee IT. IS . ALL .OVER! Since I was never a little boy, this is all lost on me! However, I love the fact that something so easy breaks his serious side! This boy has such a great laugh that comes deep from within. I defy you to keep from at least smiling when he busts out!
He also loves every sport! This year he has played flag football, golf and soccer and loved every moment! The fact that Brad loves sports more than any other man I know, increases Jack's love! But I really think that even if he had been raised in a lab he would be inventing sports to play! A new meaning for rat races!
Every spare moment revolves around a sport! I have a plastic basketball goal on the back of my front door. He has multiple sets of football, hockey, and soccer figurines that he plays with for hours! We have an entire indoor closet filled with hockey pucks and sticks, footballs, golf clubs, Nerf guns, and goals! He received a basketball goal as his main birthday present from us, a soccer Playmobil set from my parents, and golf clubs and lessons from Brad's parents! He is over the moon!
I tell the boys all the time that I am so thankful that God choose me to be their momma! How did that happen? What did I do to deserve the honor! I am enjoying every moment and wish they would stop going by so quickly! I told him all week I was trying to figure out how to keep him six! The night before his birthday, I told him that I had not figured out a way yet! He was thrilled! I know that God has amazing plans for this boy! I am so excited to have a front row seat to see what they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment