Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am SOOO not ready for this! Part 2



In the last few weeks my five year old, (did I say five year old- yes ok- I just wanted to make sure that we are clear that you know I am not talking about a teenager!) has said a few very interesting things like:



  • "Mom, you really just do NOT understand my life. AT. ALL. (then a huge eye roll- I wasn't even quite sure that they were going to come back down!)This was followed by: "My behavior would be so much better if you did understand!"

  • "Mom, I am sooo embarrassed! (He did not want to put on his soccer cleats and socks on at practice, they needed to be on when he got to practice!)

  • "Mom, that sound you are making is sooooooooo annoying! You MUST stop!" (This was while I was reading a goodnight book and using a voice for a character)

  • "Mom, there is noooo way I can wear this to school! It is sooo not cool!"

I have always heard that the teenage years helped parents and children begin the seperation process for college and adulthood. I had no idea that there was a need for this before Kindergarten! And I am sooo not ready for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment