*****Note:QUIT READING HERE IF YOU GET QUEASY AT ALL**********I on the other hand can not say the same! When we got to the ER they put a white numbing cream on his face with a large piece of clear tape. So when it was time for stitches, the tape had to come off. His wound was numb and for that we were so thankful. He asked if he could take off the tape himself. He began to peel it off and his fingers got stuck in the gaping whole. His fingers brought out bits of blood covered flesh. Of course this upset him and he asked me to take off the rest. I remained calm and helped him get the tape off but when that was done the room began to spin. I sat down and knew that I did not feel great. I tried to get it together but instead I awoke to 10 people in my face. I had fainted when my guy needed me the most! I was so embarrassed and upset. I felt like I had failed my little boy! Brad was amazing he kept Jack from getting scared and was literally and figuratively holding us together. He was holding Jack's hand with one hand and keeping me in my chair with the other hand. Jack just thought that I was acting silly and trying to lighten things up. What a day! Well, at least it is behind us. Maybe next time I can remain conscious!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
We have taken a trip to the emergency room this week. Blow me over with a feather that it was not for Cole!!! It was Jack! We were on a sweet family walk/bike ride and about halfway home when Jack took a tumble and his chin met asphalt. I scooped him out of the road and then began assessing the damage. I immediately saw a whole in his face. I turned to Brad and said" Run home and get the car we have to go to Vanderbilt!" Brad said he thought a band-aid after we finished our walk would work. I did not want to argue but I also really did not want him to look at it. I was thinking he might not make it home if he did. So I convinced him and he ran. I pushed Cole in the stroller while I held Jack and walked up hill to meet Brad. We had to leave the bike but a sweet neighbor passed by and I got her to pick it up. 
Jack quit crying during the walk and had stopped by the time we met Brad. We drove to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and were seen as soon as they saw his face. They put a white numbing cream on his face with a huge piece of tape over the top. Then we waited for it to numb. While we waited he kept wanting to look at it in the bathroom mirror. He finally decided that the white cream plus the blood looked like " a strawberry with cool whip on top." Clearly he was taking this all in stride! That did take about an hour. Jack was great! He was so brave and we were so proud.

*****Note:QUIT READING HERE IF YOU GET QUEASY AT ALL**********I on the other hand can not say the same! When we got to the ER they put a white numbing cream on his face with a large piece of clear tape. So when it was time for stitches, the tape had to come off. His wound was numb and for that we were so thankful. He asked if he could take off the tape himself. He began to peel it off and his fingers got stuck in the gaping whole. His fingers brought out bits of blood covered flesh. Of course this upset him and he asked me to take off the rest. I remained calm and helped him get the tape off but when that was done the room began to spin. I sat down and knew that I did not feel great. I tried to get it together but instead I awoke to 10 people in my face. I had fainted when my guy needed me the most! I was so embarrassed and upset. I felt like I had failed my little boy! Brad was amazing he kept Jack from getting scared and was literally and figuratively holding us together. He was holding Jack's hand with one hand and keeping me in my chair with the other hand. Jack just thought that I was acting silly and trying to lighten things up. What a day! Well, at least it is behind us. Maybe next time I can remain conscious!
*****Note:QUIT READING HERE IF YOU GET QUEASY AT ALL**********I on the other hand can not say the same! When we got to the ER they put a white numbing cream on his face with a large piece of clear tape. So when it was time for stitches, the tape had to come off. His wound was numb and for that we were so thankful. He asked if he could take off the tape himself. He began to peel it off and his fingers got stuck in the gaping whole. His fingers brought out bits of blood covered flesh. Of course this upset him and he asked me to take off the rest. I remained calm and helped him get the tape off but when that was done the room began to spin. I sat down and knew that I did not feel great. I tried to get it together but instead I awoke to 10 people in my face. I had fainted when my guy needed me the most! I was so embarrassed and upset. I felt like I had failed my little boy! Brad was amazing he kept Jack from getting scared and was literally and figuratively holding us together. He was holding Jack's hand with one hand and keeping me in my chair with the other hand. Jack just thought that I was acting silly and trying to lighten things up. What a day! Well, at least it is behind us. Maybe next time I can remain conscious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment