In honor of my dears birthday I thought I would write the top 10 reasons that I am so happy he is mine so here goes...
1. We mesh really well. He gets upset at the little things(hotel quality, shirts that are too starched, sweat, sand, traffic, SPORTS - I know, I know this one could be debated to be a big thing since he works in sports but that is not what I am referring to- I am talking about during the Duke v. Butler basketball championship game screaming until his veins are popping out of his neck and his face is blood red into his t-shirt that he has taken off so in the next moment he can throw it with such force that I jump all the while BOTH of our children are asleep and he will tell you that he is doing better in this area but he will have to sell that crazy somewhere else, I ain't buying) BUT he really handles the big things very well. (Yipes was that one sentence? sorry to all those who play well with grammar) I am the exact opposite and so it just really works.
2. He is an amazing father. I have kinda crazy high standards in the parenting department - (If you are thinking to yourself - "You don't say"- You may just hush- haha ) but I rarely ever have a gripe. He makes sure that every minute counts that he spends with them. He is always interested in their development and growth both physically and as little humans.
3. He is very tender.
4. He is very passionate about sports. I know that I don't always love this one but I do love his passion and with two sons I love that they get to see it as well!
5. He is very kind- He actually talks to telemarketers. He will often say to me- "Ash, he might get paid for having me listen to his spiel." or "He was a really nice old man" He also knows and has a relationship with the cleaning staff at his office. Many of them barely speak English but he will tell me about their home life and what they are like. It is so endearing to me!
6. He has an incredibly time consuming job and he works very hard.
7. He plays with the kids in that wild rumpus daddy son way!
8. He is crazy funny.This is probably my favorite one! I also love this one because he does not always share this about himself! It is sometimes our secret! For instance in college, my room would be so messy with mounds and mounds of clothes everywhere and he would fall to the ground behind one of the piles and act like my room was a war zone and he would scream "INCOMING" and then roll to another pile. But if my roommate walked in he would sit up and act like I was the one acting weird! There are countless times, that we have been in stressful situations together and he has made me laugh until I cried which was exactly what I needed. When Jack was hospitalized with jaundice at 3 days old, one of the things I remember most is him making me laugh during the night! It was definitely the first of many times during parenting that we bonded through hard times with laughter!
9. He takes amazing care of me especially if I am sick , had surgery, or a baby. He draws baths, he brings me things, calls to check on me and will get my pillows situated just like I like them. When I am pregnant my back hurt at night and he will lay with his back against mine all night just because it feels good to me!
6. He is fully involved and is very clear about how much he adores our family.
7. He is a master dish washer unloader and loader and laundry switcher outer.
8. He is doing what he loves and supporting me as I do what I love. I am forever grateful!
9. We are each others 1st and only true love.
10. He loves being with me and he is very clear in many ways that he loves me but it is a lot of fun too that I can also tell that he likes me. We are just like anybody else with fussing at each other and fighting but at the end of most days I am so happy he is the one beside me!
I love you dears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment