Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Top of the mornin' to ya




We spent St. Patrick's Day in Navarre for the first time. Being the social/cruise director at all times, I hunted high and low for activities. We landed on Pensacola beach that was having cookie decorating with green lemonade as well as face painting and mint chocolate chip shakes. I was a little worried because Pensacola was also hosting a Pub Crawl in the same area and during the same time. It all turned out ok for the most part.
We started out the day with the boys in coordinating green shorts outfits. Brad said,"You know it is 50 degrees and windy right?" "Yes, (I fibbed) but it is St. Patrick's Day and this is their only coordinating green clothes. It's Florida, it is always warmer than you think, right?" My dear husband just smiles at me. In my stubbornness, I file that smile away as agreement to my statement not the yea yeah smile that it really was! As we traveled along the coast from Navarre to Pensacola, I saw several walkers in heavy coats, mittens, scarves and hats. I am not looking. We arrive at Peg Leg Pete's and run in with the children all the while their teeth are chattering, I am not looking! We will be inside in seconds. The hostess asks if we want to sit on the heated porch or inside. As a full chorus of McClanahans, we say "INSIDE". After eating we head over for the cookies and green lemonade. We are a little early and this is being hosted by the local gooney golf establishment. Brad says "Let's play!" I am always the one with the plan and the ideas. Brad likes it that way. However, I am so excited that Brad wants to do this when it was not a part of the plan! So I now must surrender to the cold. I did bring extra clothes for the boys. Now, they are no longer coordinating and Jack is not even matching, but I decided that I needed to go with it. I could finally admit I was being a little nutty!



We had a blast! Jack's first golfing experience was great and Cole was just wild. He tried every hole to jump into the stream flowing through the course. The only other problem, was that at the same time that Brad bent down to to pick up his ball, Jack decided to tee off. This resulted in an instant goose egg and some blood. I tried not to laugh until Brad did. I did not quite make it! We moved onto the cookie decorating and face painting. It was very fun! Jack got a green shark on his face and Cole got several clovers on his cheek. They were out of mint chocolate shakes but the chocolate ones were really great anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment