Since June 21, 2010 I have finally gotten around to my new years resolution of taking better care of my body. I have started doing a lot to try to make healthy decisions. A lot of what I have done is normally referred to as a lifestyle change.
However, when I heard that phrase I really did not like it. I love my life! I truly have everything that I have ever dreamed of having. God has blessed our family beyond measure and beyond my ability to be grateful enough! I thought if I made a lifestyle change that my family would suffer because of it. My days are already pretty busy how could I possibly add another thing? Would I be so mean because I felt so deprived and just plain hungry? Would I have to become a short order cook because no one could possibly eat what I eat. How could I fit exercise into my day? I am usually going from 6:30a.m. to 8:30p.m. each and every day! Also all of this would cost a lot to accomplish. How was our budget going to handle that?
Well instead of a lifestyle change I am re-naming it to a vast lifestyle improvement! I can get excited about that! Most everything I have worried about has not been the case at all! I feel so much better that preparing healthy food and exercising has been pretty easy to fit into my days. My family loves the food and it truly tastes better than what I fixed before. I am so rewarded that I am doing better by them! It is expensive! There is no way around that! However, we eat out way less and so that does help!
After watching a documentary called Food Inc. a lot became clear as well. Healthy food is more expensive but is so worth it! "Food Inc" and another documentary "Silent Killer" changed the way I look at food completely! I highly recommend them both! I am sure there are parts of both of them that people would not agree with, however I am taking it all as gospel because it keeps me from eating some really unhealthy things.
Here are the things that I am trying: I have significantly reduced sugar and white flour. I eat on a salad plate and use a salad fork. I cook from cooking light. I buy as much organic as possible especially meat and dairy. I have reduced processed foods and increased fresh fruits and vegetables. I also exercises for an hour every day. I have given up soft drinks and try to drink 72 oz. of water daily. I rarely eat fast food and I have so much energy! I have lost 20lbs.
I am writing this to ask for your support! I know that this sounds like a politician! Vote for Ashley for Lifestyle Improvement! However, I do mean it. If you can pray for me pray for me. If you can write me a note of encouragement write me! If you have something kind to say say it! There is still a battle for me. If I slip up I beat myself up about it rather than focus on the things that I am doing right! I look at how far I have to go and I am discouraged! I worry that the fall will be so busy that I will have a hard time keeping up! So vote for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment